Your Las Vegas Attorneys
Compassionate Counsel and Aggressive Representation
We are the law office of Prokopius & Beasley. Based in Las Vegas, we have been helping clients throughout Southern Nevada seek positive outcomes to their family law cases since 1997. Our specific areas of practice include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contested divorce: If you and your spouse don't see eye to eye, we can help you pursue resolutions to issues such as property division, alimony, child custody and child support.
- Uncontested divorce: Many of our clients are able to complete the divorce process quickly and cost-effectively by coming to agreements on all major issues.
- Child custody: We help clients pursue effective and appropriate child custody parenting plans. We also handle cases involving parental relocation and abduction.
- Child support: We represent clients in cases involving both the initial determination of child support and the modification of child support obligations.
- Paternity: If you were not married at the time your child was born, you may need to establish paternity in order to get child custody, visitation rights or child support.
- Guardianship of minors: If you are caring for a child and are not that child's biological or adoptive parent, establishing guardianship can help you obtain important legal rights.
- Stepparent adoption/termination of parental rights: Adoption can be an important legal step toward solidifying the stepparent/stepchild relationship.
- Domestic partnerships: Under Nevada's new domestic partnership laws, partners are treated like married couples in many situations, including the dissolution process.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: In order for a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement to be valid in Nevada, both sides must be represented by attorneys.
- Temporary protective orders: Whether you have been threatened with or accused of domestic violence, we as skilled legal advocates, can protect your rights.
Unfortunately, because family law cases are so sensitive, many attorneys are tempted to sugarcoat matters and tell their clients what they want to hear, often leading to severe disappointment when things don't work out the way the lawyer said they would.
We will give you an honest assessment of what you can expect to happen in your case, based on the facts of your specific situation. That way, you can make informed decisions about how to move forward with your case. To discuss how our lawyers can help you, contact my firm today.